Our neighborhood is hosting its first ever National Night Out event. The purpose of the event is to bring neighborhood residents together, out of their homes, for a fun night of family activities. Each neighborhood that gets involved is free to work on its own plan for the event. Here is every single thing you need to know about next Tuesday night!
We have chosen to make our event into an outdoor festival. There will be free food (while supplies last) and live music. So bring chairs and blankets and get ready for a fun night within walking distance!
First of all, here are the posters we have been using to publicize the event. Please copy and share on social media. They have all of the basic details. There are larger versions at the bottom of the page.
Here are all the details!
WHEN? Tuesday, August 4th starting at 5. The band Barlow is scheduled to play at 6, Guru is scheduled to play at 7. DJ Bass Bandage will be playing music before and between sets. We are going to try to wrap up at 8 by pulling the winning tickets for all of the Chinese auction items.
WHERE? Baker Field! I've been saying E. 32nd and Holland to keep it simple but we all know that the field is between E. 32nd and E. 33rd along Holland and darn near close to French.
MORE WHERE? The stage will be set up along the western end of the field near the old training building. There will also be a tent where a number of our partners will have tables. There will be a Zahm and Mattson BIG MACHINE on the eastern end of the field for the kids to check out. People will be, ideally, walking around under the tent and sitting in front of the stage checking out the bands.
WHAT WILL YOU EAT? The first 200 people will get a free hot dog courtesy of Smith's! There is also going to be food for sale from Three B's Saloon food cart. There will also be a limited amount of other snacks and drinks.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN? Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone in the community who donated items for the Chinese auction.
Wegman's $40 family basket (2 of them!)
Starbucks Chai tea infusion sets (2 of them!)
Longhorn Steakhouse $30 gift card
The Brewerie $20 gift card
Calamari's $20 gift card
Romolo's $15 gift card (3 of them!)
Smuggler's Wharf Sunday brunch for two
Firebirds $10 gift card (3 of them!)
Erie Golf Course, 1 18 hole foursome w/ cart
Erie Zoo 4 passes
Bayfront Sheraton 1 traditional night w/ pkg
Erie Children's Museum passes
Presque Isle Canoe and Boat
Erie Otters 4 regular season tickets
The Breakfast Place $25 gift card
Joe Roots Grill $25 gift card
Country Fair - 2 $25 gift cards
Prizes from: Outback Steakhouse
Everyone who shows up will get at least one entry. Additional sheets of tickets will be available for purchase.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Showing up.
2. Volunteering. We have a free t-shirt with your name on it. Email academy . neighborhood . erie AT gmail . com
3. Bringing a donation for second harvest food bank.
4. Bringing a couple of extra bucks for the Chinese auction.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE TENT?
People will have a number of opportunities to learn about services that are available to them in Erie.
1. Erie Public Library book swap - bring a book take a book
2. Voter registration - register to vote and learn how to use an electronic voting machine
3. Face painting for kids.
4. Food and drink will be served.
5. Allstate Insurance and Coldwell Banker will be sharing information about their services.
6. The Erie County United Way will be sharing information about its services.
7. Learn more about the Neighborhood Resource Organization and Academy Neighborhood Association. You can also buy an Academy Neighborhood t-shirt.
8. GECAC, Erie County Health Department, The Red Cross and Erie Fire Department also all have tables.
WHO HAS HELPED MAKE THIS POSSIBLE FINANCIALLY?
Allstate Insurance, Mary Carlotti
Pine Avenue Beer Distributing
The Jefferson Educational Society
Uptown's Corner Bar
Realtor Rose Nouri of Coldwell Banker
State Farm Insurance, Mary Beth McMaster
Cooper Business Machines
The Sunflower Club of Erie
Neighborhood Resource Organization
United Way of Erie County