Thursday, July 25, 2013

Who Was Baker?

Baker's Field Clean-up Day is just a few days away, Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 at 8 am. But one question remains, who is (or was) this Baker person?

The large stone at the north-east corner of the field once had a plaque dedicated to Baker. I remember seeing the plaque before it was removed but I don't remember anything that it said. I also remember seeing a picture of the plaque online a few years ago, but after searching and searching I can't seem to find the picture again.



As a fan of Erie history I'm guessing that the Baker story is a fairly interesting one. I'm hoping that by sharing these two pictures we'll generate some interest in the story and maybe even get in touch with someone who knows the field's background. And it won't hurt to have a little extra publicity for our clean-up day.

If you are reading this and you know anything about the background of "Baker's Field" please email: academy.neighborhood.erie@gmail.com.



This is the picture that should "show up" better on laptops and big-ole computers.


This smaller picture will ideally look better on your phone.


As soon as I know something I'll post the information. Also, please join us for Baker's Field Clean-up Day August 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment